The first official Cirith Ungol website was run by Robert Garven himself from 1999 to 2003.
Then a new site was launched by Bart Gabriel, cirith-ungol.dragonight.de from 2004 and truemetal.org/cirithungol ca. 2007-2009.
After that site was discontinued, I volunteered to create a new site, so I created The Cirith Ungol Webpit, a fansite hand written in messy PHP and launched it in March 2010. That site was very inspired by the comprehensiveness of The Iron Maiden Commentary and Black Sabbath Timeline. Bad Religion and Metallica is also great.
This website launched more than five years later is an attempt to clean up the messiness a bit and to be more dynamic and mobile-friendly.
This website is an ongoing project and not a finished product.
Everyone are always more than welcome to contribute to the website in any way. If you see any incorrect or missing information about any item, or if you have any related photos, videos or stories, please either comment under the appropriate item, post on the forum or send an email to the webmaster. I also appreciate if people make the website an enjoyable place to be, by commenting under items and posting on the forum. You can also contribute by sharing any links from this website on other sites, and thereby increasing traffic to this site. Also, you can show explicitly buildings/locales on the maps, or you can show any other things, I appreciate it.
“I am not being credited for my content”
The content of this website are taken from every possible source. My own record collection, emails and chats I have had with various related persons, Facebook groups and pages, Wikipedia, Metal-Archives, forums, etc.
If I have forgotten to thank or credit you for any items on this website, please do not hesitate to either comment under the appropriate item, post on the forum or send an email to the webmaster and I will gladly put your name (and your link if you want) up where it belongs.
“I found content on the website that are a property of me used without permissions and should be removed”
If you think anything on this website is used illegally, please either comment under the appropriate item, post on the forum or send an email to the webmaster.
Supporting the website
Creating this website has costed me countless hours of work and sleepless nights. I thank and am most gratefully for everyone who are contributing to and supporting the website and the Cirith Ungol community. By contributing to or supporting the website, you are encouraging me to continue to maintain, update, and improve the site.
One way to support the website is through the automatic generated shopping links found on the bottom of most pages on this site. These links are affiliate links which means that this website may earn a small commission when ordering items directly through these links. Ordering any items through these links does not mean the price for the customer will increase. You will pay exactly the same for the item as before. If you would like to buy me a beer, then please click the shopping link of your choice and order the item(s) of your choice.
If you prefer, you can always use Wise donation:
- Their email (optional): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full name of the account holder: Dani Steinhoff
- Card number: 5374 3490 7741 3035
- IBAN: BE62 9671 5482 1561
- SWIFT/BIN: TRWIBEB1XXX
- Membership number P16814065
Paypal donation instead. PayPal or
I prefer to get contacted through e-mail and not Facebook. Email: info [at] cirithungol [dot] org. Mark the subject with “CIRITH UNGOL”.
Dani Steinhoff, webmaster.
- everyone who has supported this site, contributed and supplied with additional info, pics corrections and taken the effort of replying to my mails: Perry Grayson (Falcon), Sven the Axe (Solemnity), Graham Ganson (artist), Gunnar Hansen (Faustcoven), Barbarian Wrath (the Cirith Ungol tribute album that was never happened), Conan (Game Two Records), Manolis “Barraza” Karazeris and Marco Concoreggi (Dexter Ward), Francisco Dias (Blood And Iron Records), Page Townsley (Mausoleum, Vore), Isamu Sato (H.C. Minds), John Brenner (Revelation), Andrea “Kiraya” Magini (Rosae Crucis), Robert Garven (Cirith Ungol), Jimmy Barraza (Cirith Ungol), Bart Gabriel (Gabriel Management), Michael Johnson (Cirith Ungol), Dennis Schediwy and Gerrit Philipp Mutz (Dawn of Winter), Callae Goltz (Oct 2010), Salvatore Fallucca (Classix Metal), Greg Hazard (Greg Hazard Photography), Scott Campbell (Prophecy), etc
- all visitors and Cirith Ungol fans
- any photographer and journalist who has published interviews, articles, pictures, etc
- the musicians and everyone who helped in some way or other
If you have one or more interviews, more media, clothes, posts, technical issues, more of the HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and/or WordPress, forum, Ads, SEO, other social media or other things, then please help a lot. Please contact me.