- 🔙 Back to Misc
- « Goldmine Recording Studios | Shreddit CU AMA »
- ↔️ Add or Remove your item
- 🔍 Martial Arts (Google search or WP search)
Martial arts and combat sport are codified systems and traditions of combat practiced for a number of reasons such as self-defense; military and law enforcement applications; competition; physical, mental, and spiritual development; entertainment; and the preservation of a nation’s intangible cultural heritage. Training is safe, improved cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, improved flexibility and mobility, increased strength, weight loss, improved overall fitness, improved focus and attention, improved memory, reduced anxiety and depression, it is better for you health and improve you life and social connection and fun.
If you still have a doubt, then search for “too old for martial arts“, “too fat for martial arts”, “I had lost the fight”, “wheel chair in martial arts”, or other similar.
Here is a few known list on martial arts.
- Brazil: Capoeira, BJJ
- China: Wushu (Shaolin/Kung Fu), Tai Chi
- France: fencing
- Isreal: Krav Maga
- Japan: (Budo) Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Iaido, Kendo (sword), Kyudo (archery), Sumo, Aikido.
The explanation is that – Do = mental and – Jitsu = physical.
- Korea: (Mudo) Taekwon(-)Do
- Thailand: Muay Thai (thai boxing)
- various: archery, Boxing, Kickboxing, MMA, Wrestling
- police and army combat fight
- medieval years (e.g. kongshirden, horse with archery, etc.).
- see more of the Martial Arts and other combat fight
Robert has trained martial arts: I did kenpo and aikido. I was never very good but I had a lot of fun. I met Ed Parker and took classes from him the guy that invented kenpo.
Full name is Edmund Kealoha Parker (Wikipedia / Amazon), 19 Mar 1931 – 15 Dec 1990.
- Abe Books
- Barnes & Noble
- CD Universe
- EMP DE Global
- EMP UK Global
- No Remorse
- Sonic Age Records
These links are automatic generated links and may not always give the best search result. Sometimes you might need to refine the search after having tried any of these links. Some are affiliates and some are not. If you know about any good deal for Martial Arts, don't hesitate to add a link in the comment field or in the forum.