On releases (8 numbers or more)
- Metal Massacre 1 (Mon 14 Jun 1982) Various artists
- King of the Dead (Mon 02 Jul 1984) Album
- Servants of Chaos (Sat 05 May 2001) Compilation appearances, DVD, and Live
- Return of the Dead Kings (2009) Bootleg, CD, and Live
- Battle With Shelob (2010) 12", Bootleg, and Live
- Obsidian Warriors (2010) Bootleg, CD, and Live
- Live October 14th 1983 (2011) 10", Bootleg, and Live
- I’m Alive (Mon 25 Nov 2019) Bonus, Box set, CD, DVD, Live, and Vinyl
Gigs/concerts (8 numbers or more)
- Heavy Metal @ Roxy Club, Los Angeles Wed 19 Jan 1983
- Wolf & Rissmiller’s Country Club, Reseda Fri 14 Oct 1983
- Heavy Metal @ Wolf & Rissmiller’s Country Club, Reseda Fri 09 Nov 1984
- Chaos Descends Festival Fri 21 Jul 2017
- Hammer of Doom XII Sat 18 Nov 2017
- ODIN’s Battlefield Sat 24 Feb 2018
- Hell’s Heroes Festival Sat 21 Apr 2018
- NYDM Milwaukee Spring Bash Sun 22 Apr 2018
Covers (1 numbers or more)
Burning in its savage fury
Our fates accept not judge or jury
Helpless we must watch it done
For i have seen the Death of the Sun
We are coming to the end
I see my life and i have sinned
It’s too late to change our ways
For man has seen his final days
Solar winds that parch the land
Minions are wasted by Satans hand
A molten globe will torch the sky
As mankind bleats his final cry!
This was written already in 1977 by Robert Garven. Or 1978 with Greg Lindstrom by Interview with Iconic Heavy Rock/Doom Legends.
Death of the Sun (version 1977)
Death of the Sun (Alternate Mix – Metal Massacre 1982)
First released from the v/a Metal Massacre (1982).
From re-released Servants of Chaos (2001)
From re-released King of the Dead (Ultimate Edition) (1984/2017)
This version is a re-recording from the version that appeared on Brian Slagel’s Metal Massacre 1-sampler.
This version appeared on Brian Slagel’s first Metal Blade album ‘Metal Massacre One’. We have pumped up the bass here, I think it was the best song on the album. Our song was faster than Metallica’s, go figure!
Robert Garven, liner notes
Death of the Sun (Album version 1984)
From released King of the Dead (1984/2017).
A re-recorded “Death of The Sun” brings in side two. And while a bit less over-the-top than the amazing “Metal Massacre” version, it still goes hand in hand with the direction and sound of the record.
King Fowley, liner notes
Death of the Sun (live)
These links are automatic generated links and may not always give the best search result. Sometimes you might need to refine the search after having tried any of these links. Some are affiliates and some are not. If you know about any good deal for Death of the Sun, don't hesitate to add a link in the comment field or in the forum.