On releases (10 numbers or more)
- Paradise Lost (Fri 23 Aug 1991) Album
- Restless September Releases (Sep 1991) Cassette/MC/Tape, Promo, sampler, and Various artists
- Servants of Chaos (Sat 05 May 2001) Compilation appearances, DVD, and Live
- Better Off Dead! (Fri 13 Mar 2009) Bootleg, CD, and Compilation appearances
- Blood and Honor Metal Compilation Volume 4 (2012) Bootleg
- Keep It True XX Festival DVD (Fri 27 Apr 2018) DVD
- Live at the Rock Hard Festival 19-05-2018 – Gelsenkirchen – Germany (Sat 19 May 2018) Bootleg, DVD, and Online
- Total Metal (2019) Various artists
- Blood & Iron Oxide – Metal Punk – Tape Exchange Vol. 4 (Tue 17 Sep 2019) Bootleg, Cassette/MC/Tape, and Compilation appearances
- I’m Alive (Mon 25 Nov 2019) Bonus, Box set, CD, DVD, Live, and Vinyl
Gigs/concerts (21 numbers or more)
- Club Soda, Ventura, California Mon 01 Apr 1991
- The last concert @ Ventura Theater Fri 13 Dec 1991
- The Kings Of The Dead Have Risen @ Frost and Fire Fest II Sat 08 Oct 2016
- First ever European show @ Keep It True XX, Germany 2017 Sat 29 Apr 2017
- Up the Hammers XII Sat 27 May 2017
- Defenders of the Old Festival IV Sat 17 Jun 2017
- Chaos Descends Festival Fri 21 Jul 2017
- Frost and Fire Fest III Sat 07 Oct 2017
- Days of Darkness Festival Sat 28 Oct 2017
- Hammer of Doom XII Sat 18 Nov 2017
- ODIN’s Battlefield Sat 24 Feb 2018
- Hell’s Heroes Festival Sat 21 Apr 2018
- NYDM Milwaukee Spring Bash Sun 22 Apr 2018
- Frost and Fire London Fri 11 May 2018
- Cirith Ungol | Night Demon – Kultur Palast Hamburg Wed 16 May 2018
- Rock Hard Festival 2018 Sat 19 May 2018
- Muskelrock på Tyrolen 2018 Thu 31 May 2018
- Frost and Fire Fest IV Thu 04 Oct 2018
- Legions Of Metal Festival Fri 17 May 2019
- Northwest Terror Fest 2019 Thu 30 May 2019
- Bang Your Head Festival 2019 Thu 11 Jul 2019
(Lyrics by Tim Baker)
Our comrades in arms lying dead in the streets
From choking on metal that s spineless and weak.
The Jackals are gloating, with victory in hand.
But the last true believers rise up from the land,
Yeah come on, join the legion (legion)
Yeah come on, join the legion
Howling our metal we light up the world,
And the banner of Ungol is proudly unfurled.
Raising our legion, and now you belong,
And the point of the blade will be screaming our song,
Crushing the upstarts with steel in hand,
Our forces together, and nothing can stand.
The Legion of Chaos shall vanquish the wrong,
And sweep them apage to make way for the strong,
Part 1 is Join the Legion (1991). Part 2 is Legions Arise (2020).
UNDERRATED AS HELL!!!
Join the Legion (Album version)
From release Paradise Lost (1991).
Join the Legion (from ‘Paradise Lost’ practice tape)
From released Servant of Chaos (2001).
These are nowhere near the sound quality of ‘Fire’ above or even ‘Paradise Lost’, and you have to sing along by yourselves on the choruses but it at least has the feeling undiluted by bad production. (Can you tell I am still pissed how our 4th album came out!?) We made a video of this song.
Robert Garven, liner notes
Join The Legion (Alt Mix)
From re-released Paradise Lost (2017). Alternate mix.
Join the Legion (video)
A music video was made for this song.
“We made a video of this song.”
writes Rob in the liner notes for Servants of Chaos.
It’s a bit amateurish…
Greg Lindstrom, interview by Patrick Lefevre
There was also an amateurish music video made of ‘Join the Legion’ right before CIRITH UNGOL broke up in 1992. Jimmy Barraza had quit by then, so Rob had to grab a guy off the street to be the guitar player!
Greg Lindstrom, Headache interview, 2005
It was done by a friend who was in college. I am sure everyone will see it someday but it was and is not a good representative of what we were really like. It was lip synced to the music and like Greg said is not very good !
Robert Garven, interview by Patrick Lefevre
The video for Join the Legion was pretty interesting as it was done in an old amphitheater, and I remember having to stand on this narrow ledge something like 15-20ft high and play guitar..I remember it being pretty funny.
Michael Johnson, guitarist at that time
There is a video of “Join the Legion” done by one of our roadies who was taking a class in video production. The problem with this video was that it was lip synced and Jimmy Barajas who was in the process of leaving the band was replace in the outdoor shots of the video, but a friend of our then bassist Vern. It was never meant to be seen, and is kind of embarrassing considering how powerful our performances were live. I have sent it to Metal Blade in Europe to put on their web site so that people could see it. It was not really representative of the band at its peak, but it is better than nothing.
Robert Garven, Saul Essame 1/2002 interview
Join The Legion (live)
Live at Live at Up the Hammers Festival, Greece, Sat 27 May 2017